( CURRENT AS OF 22 DECEMBER 2015 )
At Steambrook Pty Ltd ABN 63 114 765 703 ("Seed Heritage", "we", "us") your privacy is important to us. We are committed to protecting your privacy when managing your personal information. We have policies and procedures to ensure that all personal information is handled carefully and securely in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) ("Privacy Act").
- how we may use that information and the choices you have regarding our use of such information; whether we disclose your personal information to anyone;
- how you may inquire, access and/or seek correction of your personal information and our access and correction handling procedure; ands
- how you may alert us about an alleged breach of the APPs and our complaint handling procedure.
The types of information that Seed Heritage collects from you will depend on the circumstances of collection and on the service that we are providing to you.
The type of personal information collected will be directly related to the specified purpose it has been collected for. How much of your personal information that you choose to disclose to us is completely up to you. The only way we know something about you personally is if you provide it to us. However, failure to provide certain information may result in Seed Heritage’s being unable to provide you with the relevant product or service. We will make you aware of the purpose for which we collect the personal information and, where possible, the consequences of not providing it at the time of collection.
- If you request products or services from us, we may collect information such as your name and contact details (i.e. billing and/or postal address, phone number(s) or email address), and/or credit card details.
- If you sign up to use a particular service such as our newsletter(s) and e-newsletters, mail outs (about product updates and developments, special events or promotions), loyalty or rewards program(s) or enter into a competition operated by us, we may collect information such as your date of birth and your interests and any other information required to provide that service to you (in addition to your name and contact details).
- If you participate in any surveys we, or a third party service provider acting on our behalf, may conduct from time to time on our website, personal information relating to your survey responses.
- If you make an inquiry, provide feedback or make a complaint to us, we may collect your name and contact details.
- If you are applying for employment with us, we may collect any information that is relevant to such employment including:
- your name and contact details (i.e. residential address, phone number(s) and/or email address); and
- any other information relevant to the recruitment process (including any information contained in the application form and your resume).
You acknowledge that the personal information we collect from you is your own information or information which you have been authorised to provide us.
Seed Heritage does not generally collect sensitive information as defined under the Privacy Act, such as racial or ethnicity information, political opinions or associations, criminal records or health information. However, subject to obtaining your prior consent, Seed Heritage may collect sensitive information from you in the course of considering an application for employment.
Where unsolicited information is received by Seed Heritage (such as through our Facebook page) we will determine, within a reasonable period of time, whether or not we would be permitted to collect the information under the APPs. If it would not be permitted for Seed Heritage to collect the information, we will destroy the information or ensure it is de-identified as soon as practicable. Otherwise, Seed Heritage may retain the information in accordance with the terms of this policy.
We may also collect information about visitors to our website(s). For example, we may collect:
- statistical information about the number of visitors to the websites and the date, time and duration of visits;
- the name of the domain/URL from which you access our websites;
- the internet protocol address.
However, we do not collect information about the identity of the visitors unless they voluntarily provide that information.
Method of Collection
This personal information will only be collected through lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
Seed Heritage collects your personal information when you deal with us directly, including via our website(s) or our Facebook page, via forms or correspondence (i.e. by mail or email), over the phone or in person.
Seed Heritage may also collect personal information through our related bodies corporate and our third party service providers (such as data relating to survey responses) so that we may provide a better or more relevant product to you.
Seed Heritage will use the personal information you have chosen to provide us for the purpose for which you provided it or a related secondary purpose which you would reasonably expect. Seed Heritage will not use it for any other purpose without your consent, unless permitted or required by law.
Generally, we will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to process sales transactions (whether in store or online);
- to deliver the products or services to you;
- to register you for a service requested by you, such as our newsletter(s) and
- e-newsletters, mail outs, rewards program(s) or competitions and administering such services;
- to manage warranty claims;
- to respond to any inquiries, feedback or complaints made by you; and
Providing the products and/or services you have requested from Seed Heritage include:
- direct marketing of products and services which we believe may interest you, including product updates and developments, special events or promotions;
- assisting us to improve our products and services and making them more relevant to you;
- assisting us to improve our website(s) or Facebook page;
- processing and assessing employment applications for current and future positions; and
- otherwise managing our internal business operations and processes.
Under no circumstances will Seed Heritage sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
Seed Heritage will only use your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing activities where we have obtained your consent to do so, or in circumstances where we have collected the information directly from you and you would reasonably expect that your personal information would be used or disclosed for this purpose. We may also share your personal information with our related entities, so that they can provide you directly with marketing material about their products and services.
Seed Heritage will provide you with the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving marketing materials at the time of collection and/or at any time afterwards by either unsubscribing from the email service or contacting our Privacy Officer via the contact details provided below.
use of anonymous information
Seed Heritage gathers anonymous information to:
- monitor the use of our website(s);
- help us make improvements to the website(s); and
- offer relevant information and services to as many users as possible.
There will be occasions when it will be necessary for Seed Heritage to disclose your personal information to third parties. Seed Heritage may disclose your personal information to:
- contractors and third party service providers on a confidential basis that we use in the ordinary course of our business to assist with the delivery of the product or service. This includes organisations such as marketing agencies, data processing companies, printing and mailing Seed Heritage, delivery companies, data storage companies (which may use cloud computing storage systems which have the potential to make your personal information accessible by overseas entities) or finance agencies or debt collection agencies;
- other members of Seed Heritage’s corporate group for marketing purposes (subject to obtaining your prior consent if those entities are not related bodies corporate of Seed Heritage);
- government authorities or other third parties as required by law; or
- any other purpose that you have consented to.
Transfer of information outside australia
The security of your information is important to us. Seed Heritage operates secure data networks that are designed to protect your privacy and security. When we have collected information about you it cannot be seen or modified by anyone else. Seed Heritage has implemented generally acceptable standards of technology and operational security to ensure personal information (in both physical and electronic form) is protected against loss, misuse, interference and unauthorised access.
Only authorised Seed Heritage personnel and contractors are provided access to personal information and have agreed to ensure the confidentiality of this information. Reasonable steps are taken to destroy or permanently de-identify any personal information that is no longer required.
We review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. You should however be aware that the internet is not a secure environment and information sent via the internet (including email) cannot be guaranteed to be totally secure.
If you are a subscriber to one of our online services or products or loyalty programs, you may access your personal information by accessing your subscriber/account details via the relevant facility on our websites. Otherwise, you may at any time, request access to personal information that Seed Heritage holds about you by making a request to our Privacy Officer at the address or email address below.
We will endeavour to process any requests for access to personal information within a reasonable period of time. Where possible, we will provide you with access to that information either by providing you with copies of the information requested, allowing you to inspect the information requested, or providing you with a summary of the information held. If we need to deny your request for access we will let you know why and inform you how you may lodge a complaint regarding this decision. Generally this will only be in cases where providing access would be unlawful or is subject to a potential legal claim or proceeding.
Seed Heritage may charge a nominal fee for supplying personal information.
We will try to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose about you is accurate, complete, up-to-date and relevant to the service being provided.
If you are a subscriber to one of our online services or products, you may change your personal information by accessing your subscriber/account details via the relevant facility on our website(s).
Otherwise, if you discover or suspect that there is an error or information is missing, please forward your request for correction to our Privacy Officer in writing at the address or email address below. Our Privacy Officer will consider your request and as soon as practicable manage the correction of your personal information and will update you in writing. If your correction request is refused, our Privacy Officer will provide you within a reasonable period of time the reasons for such refusal and inform you of the complaint process (see below).
If you have any complaints relating to the management of your personal information or if you believe there has been a breach of the APPs by Seed Heritage, please forward your complaint in writing to our Privacy Officer at the address or email address below.
Our Privacy Officer will consider the complaint and advise you of his/her decision in writing within a reasonable time from receipt of the complaint.
If our Privacy Officer decides that there has been a breach of the APPs, he or she will endeavour to ensure that the breach is rectified within 30 days from the date of the decision and will update you in writing. If the breach has not been rectified within 30 days, then our Privacy Officer will inform Seed Heritage’s Managing Director in order to resolve the matter.
If you are still not satisfied after lodging a complaint with us and giving us a reasonable time to respond, then we suggest that you contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by:
Phone: 1300 363 992 (local call cost, but calls
from mobile and pay
phones may incur
higher charges). If calling from overseas (including Norfolk Island): +61 2 9284
TTY: 1800 620 241 (this number is dedicated to the hearing impaired only, no voice calls.)
TIS: Translating and Interpreting Service: 131 450 (If you don’t speak English or English is your second language and you need assistance and ask for the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner)
Post: GPO Box 2999 Canberra ACT 2601
Fax: +61 2 9284 9666
Please contact our Privacy Officer on the contact details below if you would like to:
- inquire about or request access and/or update your personal information; or
- report an alleged breach of your privacy rights or make a complaint:
Post: Privacy Officer, Seed Heritage, 425 St Kilda Road Melbourne VIC
Telephone: (03) 9863 3200
Facsimile: (03) 9863 3201
“Personal information” has the same meaning as in the Privacy Act.
“Website(s)” refers to all websites and web pages which are owned, operated or under the control of Seed Heritage including but not limited to www.seedheritage.com, www.facebook.com/seedheritage
For more information about your privacy rights in Australia, visit the Office of the Australian Commissioner’s website, www.oaic.gov.au
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions. Entry into this competition deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
3. Subject to clause 4, entry is open to all residents of Australia and New Zealand over the age of 18, as of the date of entry, who have fulfilled the requirements set out below ('Eligible Entrants').
4. Employees, and their immediate families, of the Promoter, associated agencies and companies, Permitz Group Pty Ltd (www.permitzgroup.com.au), contractors or individuals are not eligible to enter this competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin.
5. The Promoter is Steambrook Pty Ltd (ABN 63 114 765 703) of 425 St Kilda Road, Melbourne VIC 3004 ('Promoter').
How to enter
6. Eligible Entrants may enter this competition during the Promotional Period (defined below) by completing a form at www.seedheritage.com. Entrants must also describe your Mum (or one you admire) in three words to go into the running to a View Retreats x Seed Heritage getaway package, valued at $4,035.70 (incl.GST).
7. Entries must include all requested contact details. Each entry must be unique and received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
8. By submitting an entry into this competition entrants consent to receive promotional and other marketing messages, and updates on progress of initiative from the Promoter (including messages sent electronically and via phone for an unlimited period of time). Entrants will be able to opt-out at any time by following the instructions included in each message sent by the Promoter.
When to enter
9. The competition commences on 06/04/21 at 8 AM AEST and closes 05/05/21 at 11 PM AEST ('Promotional Period'). All times noted in these Terms and Conditions are local times, based on the location of the Promoter. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
10. The best valid entry as judged by the judging panel, having regard to skill, creativity, and originality, at the Promoter's Premises on 06/05/21. One winner will be announced on 06/05/21.
11. The Promoter may select additional entries to be used as replacements in the event that the first entrant chosen as a winner cannot satisfy these Terms and Conditions or take a prize.
12. The total number of competition winners in this competition is one. The winner will be notified by email on 06/05/21.
13. Prizes will be sent within 2 weeks of the judging date.
Number of Entries permitted
14. Only one entry per person will be permitted. Entrants found to be submitting multiple entries may have all entries invalidated.
Prize on offer
15. Total prize value is up to $4,035.70 (incl.GST), as at 06/05/2021. The prize on offer is 1 x $2,000 AUD View Retreats voucher, 1x $1,000 AUD Seed Heritage voucher, 2x Seed Heritage Jersey Overnight Bags [RRP $79.95 AUD each], 2x Seed Heritage Jersey Pouches [RRP $24.95 AUD each], 1x $300 AUD Good Food Guide voucher, 2x Polaroid Now i-Type Cameras [RRP $229.5 AUD each], 2x Colour i-Type Film [RRP $32.95 AUD each].
16. If the Promoter is unable to contact the winner to claim fulfilment of the promotional prize or if the winner is unable to attend any element of the prize, that winner will forfeit the prize in its entirety, and it shall be awarded to the next runner up in the promotion. The Promoter will not be liable for a winner who cannot be contacted and therefore forfeits their prize and no correspondence will be entered into.
Further Terms and Conditions
17. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions if this competition cannot be run as originally planned. The Promoter may also cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
18. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies will not be liable or responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems of the phone or of any phone network, or any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim that may occur; whilst undertaking any travel won on or connected with their entry; in the participation in any prize; as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail, email SMS or phone call; due to the broadcast of any program relating to the competition or the publication of any material, including any statements made by any compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other person; any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer software or phone; or any combination thereof, related to or resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in this competition.
19. All entrants must submit ONLY their own original answers. Any such answers cannot be previously published in any forum worldwide. All entries become the property of the Promoter and cannot be returned. Entries that are found to have been derived from the designs of a third party will be considered invalid and, if awarded a prize, that prize must be returned to the Promoter. The winner may be required to sign a statutory declaration regarding the originality of the entry. Without limiting the generality, the Promoter reserves the right to take legal action against anyone found to have breached this term. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation are reserved.
20. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier's requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
21. The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner's deed of release or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
24. The judges' decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding on each person who enters. Chance plays no part in determining any winner. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken as cash. Prizes will be sent to the winner's nominated address as stated in their original entry. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
Privacy Collection Statement
25. By submitting an entry into this competition entrants consent to receive promotional and other marketing messages from the Promoter, and updates on progress of initiative (including messages sent electronically and via phone for an unlimited period of time). Entrants will be able to opt-out at any time by following the instructions included in each message sent by the Promoter.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
27. All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received. In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive license to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
28. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
29. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia ('Non-Excludable Guarantees').
30. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurr